In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Ageing populations and rising prosperity across the world can only reinforce demand trends.
- In the first half of the century, Pisa and the cities of Tuscany had enjoyed unprecedented prosperity.
- "First, science is vital to our country's continued future prosperity, " he said.
- The country's continued prosperity is dependent on the opportunities and achievements of all its residents.
- Maybe with their magical powers and position, they would bring great prosperity to the world.
- The town's elite were retailers, whose prosperity depended on the railway freight rates.
- Many gave up security and prosperity and returned from overseas to do so.
- All need to be strongly represented to ensure the continued prosperity and success of the organisation.
- They have had formative years of almost uninterrupted prosperity, growth and success.
- For the economy as a whole, innovation is the key to higher productivity and greater prosperity for all.
- Plans to increase prosperity in the region will automatically lead to a need for better housing conditions.
- "To ensure the prosperity in this region, we have to build trust, " he said.
- The mixed economy boomed, bringing unprecedented prosperity to the middle and working classes.
- Is that a situation, too, where the relative prosperity is more apparent than real?
- Education is still our number one priority, because Britain's future economic prosperity depends upon it.
- Everyone knows it has brought prosperity, although that prosperity is not equally shared.
- Fridges are also indicators of a nation's prosperity.
- In nativities, this eclipse promises fame, prosperity, health and peace of mind.
- The role of freedom in creating prosperity has been the central discovery of economics over the past two centuries.
- The university's future success is undoubtedly important for the city's prosperity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.