In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Another said prostitution should be legal because people won't always do what they are told.
- Street prostitution has increased in some areas as more and more younger kids are getting into it.
- Locals contend that prostitution and crime are soaring as people find no other way to stay afloat.
- Their remaining options were sleeping on the streets, prostitution, crime and starvation.
- Some of its past efforts to clamp down on street prostitution have had bizarre consequences.
- For boys, they mostly end up as criminals while girls indulge in prostitution.
- Well I don't think that the Health Department supports street prostitution in residential areas at all.
- We are not on a moral crusade against prostitution, just street prostitution.
- Much discussion of prostitution is conducted on the premise that it is possible to eradicate it.
- Legalising street prostitution will never happen in this country.
- Since she is all for legalizing prostitution, I think she sees me as her enemy.
- He believes that parliament should license prostitution in a more formal way.
- However, the impact of street prostitution on trade is a key issue which the police are aware of.
- Just so we're clear about this, the bill decriminalised prostitution.
- The government here should be pressured to decriminalize prostitution.
- Many women are driven into street prostitution by poverty and drug addiction.
- He practiced male prostitution, soliciting three to four customers on a weekend.
- The incidence of prostitution and sexual assault of women has soared.
- People say that prostitution is the oldest profession and that I am not facing reality.
- Pressing a person into prostitution or a sexual act will carry a prison sentence of up to three years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.