In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He tried to persuade organized labor that free trade and not protectionism was in its interests.
- They oppose industrial policy, nationalisation and protectionism.
- Moreover, the smaller the country, the greater will be the pressure to opt for free trade rather than protectionism.
- We don't have to choose between strict protectionism and unregulated free trade.
- He promoted economic nationalism, protectionism, and further cuts in social spending.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.