- For future studies, whether using microarrays, proteomics or genetics, I believe it is essential that this requirement is met and it is now the time to develop large-scale annotation programmes.
- However, the clear rewards in using genomics and proteomics include the development of biomarkers, faster investigation of mechanisms of toxicity and screening of novel compounds.
- Gene products identified by proteomics and genomics will require analysis by approaches that determine the function of each gene in the anaerobic response and how each gene or gene product contributes to survival.
- The sequencing of the human genome, along with other advances in the fields of molecular biology, genomics and proteomics, is leading to the discovery of large numbers of genes and proteins.
- Biology is going through a revolution driven by a series of technological breakthroughs in genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics.