In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(nail/ledge) sobresalira wallet protruded from his pocket — una cartera le asomaba por el bolsillo
- Jude was as thin as a stick and his bones protruded through sallow skin.
- The white tips are visible, as are their thick woody bases protruding at right angles to the stem.
- The distal end of the clavicle may protrude slightly upward.
- Spikes protruded from the rough surface at jagged points.
- A seed was regarded as germinated when the radicle protruded through the seed coat.
- When standing, the knees of this figure protrude awkwardly and incised lines in both mobile arms suggest bicep musculature.
- Many religious figures were seated on three balconies protruding from the temple walls.
- Their stems and leaves protrude above the water surface.
- Check all joints to make sure nothing protrudes above the surface.
- The enemy soldier fell to the ground with the arrow protruding from his back.
- The bin's lying on its side, and the better part of one side protrudes above the surface of the water.
- He reached out his arm and felt a large spike protruding from a hard, scaled surface.
- Leave the finishing nails protruding slightly above surface of the wood.
- She was sure the apartment above had a lump which protruded upward from the floor.
- Two large horns protruded out of the forehead and extended slightly upward.
- The tumors located centrally were polypoid, protruding into the lumen of the bronchus and narrowing the lumen.
- She held her hand against the throbbing bump that now protruded from her forehead.
- One of Henry's giant teeth was protruding at an awkward angle.
- Cut off any unwanted growth and take back older side shoots that protrude too far out.
- Bent reeds, evenly spaced, protrude upwards.
2protruding present participle(chin) prominente(teeth) salido(nail) que sobresaleprotruding eyes — ojos saltones masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.