In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1prudencia femeninoprudence suggests that … — la prudencia aconseja que …
- Our country can do better, particularly in the area of prudence and focussed resource utilisation.
- The Republican party built on fiscal prudence and a sense of responsibility.
- The financial prudence now practised by both clubs is a product of the economic climate.
- It is one where an occupier, faced with a hazard accidentally arising on his land, fails to act with reasonable prudence so as to remove the hazard.
- Common prudence dictates that we do what we can to cool the planet, even in the absence of absolute proof.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.