In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Nowhere did one find any of the sloppy grammar and syntax so much loved by today's pseudo intellectuals.
- Healthy and whole human beings are required - not pseudo machines and imitation heroes who are not what they appear to be.
- The entry ticket to this house was a bottle of medium dry sherry, for Alex and then the long pseudo intellectual discussions came about.
- These vapid pseudo intellectuals are the problem with today's law schools.
- These models served as a pseudo laboratory to examine the effectiveness of various fiscal and monetary policies in smoothing out economic fluctuations.
- SYNTHETIC SNAKESKIN - Similar to synthetic leathers, pseudo snakeskins have a fabric backing which makes them less fragile than real snakeskins.
- In appraising the mass of evidence, which has thus been collected, one has to be careful to weed out pseudo from genuine research.
- The screeches of some of the more outlandish among gloomy modern composers or the illiterate wailings of some vapid rock ‘musician’ are subjected to sham scholarship and pseudo philosophising.
- But with the advent of colour inkjet printers, the power to make dinky, pseudo - 3D model buildings is now in everyone's hands.
- This is no shallow babbling from a pseudo intellectual or a ‘celebrity’ activist, for the mother of three has studied Islamic teachings all her life.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.