In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Kleptomaniacs, kitchen drinkers, Fatal Attraction type psychos, obsessive-compulsives, and other problem individuals are usually discovered in this phase.
- Second, my best friend and crush is being stalked by crazy, murderous psychos.
- The speech was basically: men are psychos, Americans are psychos, the Americans want to exterminate the planet, and naked protest will end the nuclear age.
- It's unpleasant, but it's more unpleasant to be faced with true psychos / junkies on the subway.
- I don't want to be put in there with a bunch of crazy psychos… I'm not a bad person.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.