In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Weaver expresses concern that concomitant depression and use of psychoactive drugs might have influenced the results, given the large percentage of suicide attempts in our cohort of patients.
- In this study, opioids, other psychoactive medications and dehydration were the most frequent causes of reversible delirium.
- Many smokers, however, find it impossible to quit, even with help, because of their dependence on nicotine, which is a highly addictive psychoactive drug.
- Illicit psychoactive drugs agitate minds and arouse passions even among non-users.
- Most ambulatory patients with alcohol dependence can be detoxified quickly and safely without the use of psychoactive drugs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.