- For a long time we wanted to believe that here we were dealing with abnormal monsters, psychopaths, or mentally defective, even psychotic individuals.
- Some psychopaths are aggressive and commit violent crimes, other psychopaths are non-aggressive. Many other persistent criminals are said to have personality defects.
- The majority of offenders with an APD diagnosis on file were in fact psychopaths, once more highlighting the asymmetric association between these two disorders.
- They told him that a violent psychopath had escaped from the local mental institution.
- Nigel Eastman believes that even if neuroscientists could prove that psychopaths had abnormal brains, they'd still be left with the inconvenient fact that nobody seems to know quite what a psychopath is in the first place.
- Will it some day be possible to genetically engineer violent psychopaths?
- Though diagnosed as a psychopath and then as suffering from hysterical amnesia - which he later said he faked - no one ever considered Hess clinically insane.
- Cult leaders are usually psychopaths with a desire for power and often take ideas from politics, religion and psychology to fulfill their purpose, he said.
- Stuart Kinner is interested in an evolutionary model of psychopathy, a sort of disturbing explanation that says psychopaths exist because they're well-adapted to our society.
- Studying the statements of violent criminal psychopaths sheds light on their striking and specific vulnerability and emotional pain.
- Stuart Kinner analyzes psychopaths, a mere one percent of the population who account for more than half of serious crimes.
- One study found a greater proportion of psychopaths in sex offenders who had assaulted and/or unlawfully confined female prison staff members than in a sample of the general sex offender population.