In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The suggestion that Viagra might put psychosexual therapists out of business has proved false.
- Where Freud was wrong was in making psychosexual development so central that all other forms of social and emotional development were conceived as being derived from it.
- The therapy allowed the children to literally achieve identity and psychosexual advances and growth that resulted in ego-strengthening and increased sense of autonomy and personal worth.
- The interviews included questions about psychosexual development, and some of the men mentioned early sexual experiences with adults, with various emotional reactions.
- Freud focused on psychosexual development, seeing adolescence as a recapitulation of the development of sexual awareness in infancy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.