In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- CBT combines two very effective kinds of psychotherapy - cognitive therapy and behaviour therapy.
- Few studies have examined the effect of combining medications and psychotherapy.
- Interpersonal psychotherapy in bulimia nervosa this is a three phase treatment.
- Treatment usually involves psychotherapy and dietary advice, but is only effective if the person wants to get better.
- In fact, says Terkel, his oral history approach has a lot in common with psychotherapy.
- In the field of psychotherapy there is a very effective technique called aversion therapy.
- Patients are more likely to withdraw from combined treatment or antidepressants alone than from psychotherapy alone.
- I used both psychotherapy and meditation to reflect on what I really wanted from life.
- With a degree in psychology behind him, he now practises psychotherapy in Colorado with an inside track on dreams and nightmares.
- Hypnosis is now used in medical treatment as hypnotic psychotherapy to treat diseases of both the body and the mind.
- The most common way to treat depression is through psychotherapy and medication.
- Treatment involves counselling or psychotherapy, medicines or a combination of these.
- Yes, there is still a major role for psychotherapy in treating mental illnesses.
- Similarly, psychotherapy promotes mental health and serves as a useful reality check.
- Many theories of psychotherapy and change recognize the centrality of emotion in the change process.
- The combination of medication and psychotherapy is often better than either one alone.
- Alternatively, you could seek your own counselling or psychotherapy to try to find the underlying problem and work out what to do about it.
- One does not need a degree in psychotherapy to realise that in some situations distressing information should not be conveyed in a letter.
- How can psychotherapy succeed when the client has no real interest in treatment?
- Due to his rather weird behaviour, Casey requires much psychotherapy and medication.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.