In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1viviendas de alquiler subvencionadas por el ayuntamiento(en España) viviendas de protección oficial femeninoviviendas de interés social femenino México(en Río de la Plata) viviendas económicas femenino
- They face a future without public services and no public housing and it goes without saying that university will be out of their reach.
- Many residents are activists, driven to speak out on causes affecting residents of public housing.
- The government provided public housing, and supplied offices and factories to enterprises.
- We have public housing to provide affordable housing to people on low incomes.
- He further criticised the government for not telling the public the real cost of providing public housing.
- There is a shrinking supply of affordable private rental housing, and less public housing each year due to funding cuts.
- Other poverty programs, such as public housing, are also on the chopping block.
- Perhaps if councils were once again given the wherewithal to build decent public housing.
- The waiting list for public housing fell from 150,000 in 1997 to around 92,000 today.
- There are also extensive public housing projects by the housing development boards.
- The report also reveals cases of extreme hardship caused by the cutting of government funds for public housing.
- Old family homes have been destroyed to make way for shabbier public housing.
- The act also includes a clause enabling councils with a severe lack of public housing to apply for pressured area status.
- Housing was a serious problem, with half of the population living in squatter huts and only 9 per cent in public housing.
- At the same time, funds to build new public housing were slashed.
- But East Harlem isn't the only place in New York with an excess of public housing.
- Before they began, one third of the population lived in public housing: now less than one-tenth do.
- There were also ambitious drives to build schools, roads, public housing, and hospitals.
- It has not been responsible for police, education, public housing or, until recently, social welfare.
- One thing that has been very good is the increase in public housing and affordable rental housing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.