1(in US)escuela pública femenino
2(in UK)colegio privado masculino(boarding school) internado privado masculino
- The arrival of this ruddy-faced giant, with his public-school accent and naive confidence, proved a turning point.
- With his slicked-back hair, evening dress and dark three-piece suits for daywear, he looks like a cross between a minor public-school housemaster and Count Dracula on Temazepam.
- She might ride her own horse, play the cello and have a public-school education, but she is as lost and mixed-up as her new-found friend.
- A passionate left-wing polemicist, he nonetheless retained more than a few traces of his public-school breeding, including a plummy accent and a horde of posh friends.
- Perhaps some of our celluloid images and commemorations should acknowledge those pilots who could barely speak English, far less muster a public-school accent.
- En Inglaterra y Gales, un colegio privado para alumnos de edades comprendidas entre 13 y 18 años. La mayor parte de los alumnos ha estudiado anteriormente en un preparatory school. La mayoría de los public schools tiene régimen de internado y a menudo son mixtos. En Escocia y Estados Unidos el término public school se utiliza para referirse a un colegio estatal.