In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1funcionario (del Estado) masculinofuncionaria (del Estado) femenino
- Pay cheques for teachers, public servants and police officers are up to six weeks in arrears.
- Why weren't the public servants either prosecuted for failing in their duty or at least reprimanded?
- But these were simple questions about how public servants use their office cost allowances.
- Nick is a dedicated public servant who executes his political masters' designs with vigor and enthusiasm.
- All this changed gradually and public servants metamorphosed into government servants.
- He thinks he is a good public servant and he is contributing mightily.
- I mean, do you feel like you are destined to run for office or be a public servant?
- Yet, the sad fact is teachers have been among the lowest paid of public servants for many years.
- It also seeks to improve the accountability of the public servants to spend and deliver the services.
- It is manifestly not what public servants and military careerists are used to.
- Secondly, linking public servants and politicians in the above manner is simply a category error.
- This is not to say that all public servants and politicians are unethical.
- Now I'm a professional public servant, they are ministerial advisers.
- Politicians and other public servants of the taxpayer have a poor reputation when it comes to getting things done on time.
- For example, are public servants entitled to disobey instructions they believe are illegal?
- Now, Australia's most senior naval commanders and public servants are being grilled.
- Labor became the natural choice for public servants, school teachers and social workers.
- We would thus not have judges overruling the decisions of faceless public servants.
- Teachers and health workers in Tonga are supporting the public servants.
- No sign until late in the day of any of the respect politicians should have for public servants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.