In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is ideal with puds such as caramelised oranges and ginger ice-cream.
- This mouth-watering collection includes such unusual puds as rhubarb tiramisu, loads of different cheesecakes, ice creams and souffles and some great sauces.
- The highlight of the Christmas Feast for me is always the pud, especially when it comes with cream or brandy butter rather than custard.
- There was supposed to be triple choc ice cream for pud but I forgot about it!
- Done really well, this is a pud among puds - real comfort food.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.