In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1víbora bufadora femenino
- Nine puff adders, seven Usambra mountain vipers and a green mamba were included.
- And hiding in over 50 varieties of grasses, are snakes: among them the deadly rinkhals and puff adders.
- I once organised the rescue of a small girl who had been bitten by a puff adder.
- I was once on the way to the car and a puff adder reared up in front of me.
- Oh yes, and don't forget to watch where you put your feet - puff adders are very well camouflaged.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.