In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
2(on zipper)tirador masculino
- This mom's set of keys can never be mistaken, since no one has a key chain sculpted from genuine soda-can pull tabs.
- Smith Dairy also recently upgraded its closures, opting for a new large pull tab on the foil seal beneath the cap, to allow for easier opening.
- Under the plastic top was a foil freshness cover with a handy pull tab.
- Some medications are available in commercially prepared vials with a pull tab for removing the metal rim.
- As he tore off the pull tab, brown foam gushed out over his hand and down the front of his work togs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.