In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1calabaza femeninozapallo masculino Cono Sur Perú
- Sweet potatoes, beans, pumpkins, and tropical fruits such as bananas and papayas are also grown.
- Remove the flesh from the pumpkin skin with a spoon.
- Meanwhile, the after-school gardening club has been working hard growing prize-winning fruit and vegetables, including tomatoes, sweetcorn and pumpkins.
- Not only does it fill in the sky at sunrise or sunset to add striking beauty, but its color is carded in carrots, pumpkins, oranges, mangoes, and papayas, which all are full of essential vitamins.
- Golden butternut squash, robust orange pumpkins, crunchy red and green apples - fall produce is downright gorgeous, not to mention delectable.
- As far as vegies go it's a great time to get in sweetcorn, tomatoes, butternut pumpkins, rockmelons and watermelons.
- Even with my eyes closed, lying face down on the ground, all I could see was orange pumpkins.
- There were some wonderful Halloween decorations entered into the monthly raffle with seasonal fare such as pumpkins and fruit.
- You marvel that it can grow such lush grass, such brilliantly green and orange fields of pumpkins and tall stands of trees.
- While there isn't any cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes or pumpkin pie to be had, there is plenty of brandy, gin, and wine on hand.
- Plump orange pumpkins are clustered on brick steps along with a scattering of reddish liquidambar leaves.
- Today we're producing rice, beans, cassava, pumpkins, passion fruit and other crops.
- Bright orange pumpkins decorated the front porch and strands of little white lights were wrapped tastefully in the bushes and around the front door.
- Cassava, pumpkins, and sweet potatoes are native to the islands, and a variety of seafood is found in the surrounding waters.
- The last bees of the year are buzzing, pumpkins are ripening orange, and the birds are sitting on telegraph wires, considering following many Hamptons' residents south to Palm Beach for the winter.
- Butternut squash, cheese pumpkins and sweet potatoes are stored in an old grain bin lined with spray-foam insulation and fitted with a propane heater and a humidifier.
- Her eyes widened when she saw the bright orange pumpkins, the ripe yellow bananas, silks with colors that she had never before seen.
- The average small farmer in Chiapas, Mexico, for example, produces maize, squash, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, numerous vegetables, fruits and medicinal plants.
- Roses and vegetables such as pumpkins, zucchinis and cucumbers are still being affected by the fungus, powdery mildew.
- Sonoma County shimmers this month with fields full of red and gold grapevines and fat orange pumpkins.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.