In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Second, he imagines that the putter shaft is a giant pencil.
- I swing the putter at the same pace back and through to control the speed.
- To use the long putter, place the top of the grip against your sternum with your left hand.
- But when I go with the belly putter, everything seems to be right.
- Don't worry about aim or how you're gripping the putter, just focus on distance.
1she loves puttering around / about in the garden — le encanta entretenerse trabajando en el jardín
- I've been puttering around the house all day — me he pasado el día haciendo un poco de esto y de aquello en la casa
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.