In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1putting green masculino
- A 16-by 48-inch grid has proven its effectiveness on heavily trafficked turf areas such as putting greens and sports fields.
- Invitees will be able to try the gamut of wares at hitting bays, a short game area as well as a putting green.
- The facilities encompass a putting green, a driving range, and a 2,900-square-foot clubhouse with a snack bar.
- One by one, they retreated to the edge of the putting green, sat on the grass and watched the master at work.
- After that, I head back to the putting green, where I'll putt for another 10 or 15 minutes until it's time to tee off.
- The practice fairway, as groomed as a putting green, fans out toward a distant hummocky hill and trees far beyond.
- The putting greens also had a feature I had never encountered in golf on five continents: anthills.
- Haines has also applied porous ceramic technology to putting greens.
- I heeled the shot and hit a line drive through the fence and into the putting green area.
- A ball is on the putting green when any part of it touches the green itself.
- They were in place of long evenings, the light fading as I putt on the worn barely live grass of the putting green.
- The golf range also boasts a 600-square-metre putting green and separate chipping area, with a practice bunker.
- There are 27 holes of golf, a driving range, a putting green, and other golf facilities.
- I go over to the first tee, to the putting green there, and wait for him to come by.
- I got more out of those nights on the putting green than I ever did on the practice tee in broad daylight.
- At a PGA Tour event this past spring, the physiotherapy trailer practically abutted the practice putting green.
- And all he does is try to ‘draw’ a straight line on the putting green on the back and forward strokes.
- We started on the practice putting green, first showing this new golfer how to grip the putter and align herself to the target.
- Rulewich also added five new holes, a practice putting green and a short game practice area.
- Neighborhood kids use the range, putting green, short-game area and clubhouse for $2 a visit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.