In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It has a unique pyramidal shape that's half as wide as it is tall.
- Trees with this form have a strong central stem and pyramidal shape.
- Characteristically, they feature pyramidal, domed or conical roofs built up of corbeled limestone slabs.
- At the head of the Wright Valley the pyramidal shape of Mt. Fleming loomed above the Dry Valleys.
- They are usually grown in curled, spiral, pyramidal, circular and zigzag shapes.
- The Southern magnolia's natural shape is pyramidal with limbs to the ground.
- Its pyramidal shape and infinite extensiveness make it suitable for Denas's pyramid of thousands of figures.
- Lightly prune young magnolias after they flower to encourage a pyramidal shape.
- The atoms are arranged in a four-faced pyramidal structure (the tetrahedron) with the silicon atom in the center.
- An adaptation of the pillar is the teepee, a combination of three or four pillars joined at the top to form a pyramidal shape.
- That mountain, running with springs, is basically pyramidal and shaped and notched in the center.
- Several intact tombs have been discovered as well as the remains of five pyramidal platforms.
- A pencil drawing on graph paper, this is an arrangement of handwritten words that form a pyramidal shape.
- These show the clarity and the pyramidal composition for which he was renowned.
- In another painting, Sooner or Later, the letters in ‘sooner’ are arranged in a pyramidal shape topped by an eye.
- This is the pyramidal shape that defines what the viewer can see, or the field of view, with the point starting at the eyes.
- Gadolinite typically occurs as long slender prisms with pyramidal terminations and diamond-shaped cross sections.
- The tree's handsome pyramidal shape has a somewhat unusual branch structure.
- They are pyramidal in shape and weigh about 4 g each.
- The structure of the ammonia molecule is best described as pyramidal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.