In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pyrex masculino marca registradaarcopal masculino marca registradabefore noun a Pyrex dish — una fuente de arcopal marca registrada
- Samples were irradiated in Pyrex vials, which were suspended from a rotating sample holder.
- Combine maple syrup, butter and lemon juice in large Pyrex measuring cup.
- It advertised washing machines, electric irons, and Pyrex casseroles.
- Polishing its thick slab of Pyrex glass has been described as the Apollo project of the Great Depression era.
- I have a quart-sized Pyrex glass pitcher that's absolutely perfect.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.