In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pitón masculinoserpiente pitón femenino
- Burmese pythons, one of the world's largest snakes and a favorite of the pet trade, are overrunning the iconic U.S. park.
- They will include pythons, cobras, sand boas, snakes and monitor lizards.
- The snake - a Burmese python - was dumped and later found by a stunned homeowner.
- It belongs to the same family as the python and anaconda, which reach lengths of up to 9 or 10m.
- Burmese pythons widely regulate intestinal performance with each meal.
- Poachers illegally trade in snakes such as the Indian python, slaughtering the snake for their skin.
- Snakes really are rather wonderful - I saw file snakes, puff adders and huge pythons.
- Perhaps even more worrying, the pythons may be preying on native mangrove fox squirrels and wood storks.
- Some snakes, such as pythons, retain tiny leg bones, which may be visible as minuscule claws at the base of the tail.
- Burmese pythons are popular - and legal - pet snakes.
- This particular snake isn't the first python to get a tough lesson in the dangers of swallowing oversize prey.
- The bloated and maggot-ridden bodies of 10 snakes including an eight-foot python have been found dumped in a lake at Cheney Manor.
- Anacondas are related to boa constrictors and pythons.
- Non-venomous snakes like boas and pythons grab their prey and squeeze them to death.
- I used to keep pythons and boa constrictors years ago.
- Flying foxes also live here, plus sea turtles, monitor lizards, pythons, and bearded pigs.
- While human encounters with cobras, vipers, and pythons can prove fatal, more often than not it is the snakes that are killed.
- It actually belongs to the python family, boa constrictor, which is non-venomous.
- Leopards, hyenas, jackals, sloth bears, cobras, pythons, mongooses and monitor lizards move silently through its forests.
- The ribbon rose with the rhythm of a python or a cobra, until the tip was at eye level with my face.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.