- The Irish qua Irish have no more title to self-determination than have the freckled, red-haired or bow-legged.
- A demand is embedded in the very grain of the voice qua voice irrespective of the meaning it carries.
- As shareholders, qua shareholders, they must be treated equally.
- Similarly, an analysis of Raging Bull needs to consider the kitchen qua boxing ring, and vice-versa.
- Indian politicians are, I'll just simply aver, the best in the world, qua politicians-committed-to-winning.
- Note, however, that one can to some extent rationally accept s qua a member of G and accept not-s as a private person.
- People who bleat on about the ‘artistic’ potential of television qua television are equally deluded.
- That is, the logic of power is a reified logic to which the prince must, qua prince, ultimately submit.
- Supermodels qua supermodels properly belong to the 80s, that Gilded Age that we shall never quite see the likes of again.
- These artists and craftsmen were utterly unselfconscious of what they did qua artists and craftsmen.
- Denigrate men qua men, though, and you're hip and clever.
- The concert hall is the very field of communication qua meaning.
- The problem is in the design of the game qua game.
- By contrast, a judge is not, qua judge, an interpreter of Catholic doctrine.
- Very little is made of Jesus qua male in the canon.