In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She developed Reye's syndrome and was left with brain damage, spastic quadriplegia, and epilepsy and a life expectancy of 40.
- Deep vein thrombosis, anemia, quadriplegia, and paraplegia were similar between the 2 groups.
- Paralysis can involve all four extremities, a condition called quadriplegia or tetraplegia, or only the lower body, resulting in paraplegia.
- The most common forms of cerebral palsy in children who have been born preterm are spastic hemiplegia or quadriplegia (bilateral).
- David was born with hydrocephalus, has spastic quadriplegia and severe learning disabilities, and is virtually blind.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.