In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ingeniero o técnico que se ocupa de mediciones y cálculo de materiales
- He qualified as a quantity surveyor and worked in the construction industry before - in a change of career direction - he joined Claremont in 1989.
- A quantity surveyor for Swindon Council came up with the figure after working out how much it would cost to refurbish the toilets to a standard where they could be reopened.
- But Stan, a retired quantity surveyor, from Glossop, saw the funny side.
- The trust is waiting for costing from a quantity surveyor before moving forward.
- John was born in South London and trained as a quantity surveyor before doing his National Service with the RAF as a radar operator at RAF Sennen in Cornwall.
- This, for the uninitiated, is the basic term for a quantity surveyor, someone who measured bricks and mortar for a living.
- A quantity surveyor had estimated building costs at £718,000.
- ‘Unless you have completed academic and practice requirements, you will not be able to call yourself a building or quantity surveyor,’ said Tony Smith.
- The quantity surveyor contributed a huge amount on this project and the cost management was intense because of the limited budget.
- He was born at Foxrock, near Dublin, the second son of a quantity surveyor, and brought up as a Protestant by a mother whom he describes as ‘profoundly religious’.
- She said Emma, who wants to be a quantity surveyor, had problems with short term memory and had no recollection of the accident.
- You should consult with a quantity surveyor or other expert in re-building costs.
- With the architect for the project in Castleblaney, the quantity surveyor in Armagh and consultants in Dublin and Belfast, rapid transfer of information is crucial.
- Mr Lord said: ‘The owners have employed a quantity surveyor to estimate the cost of repairs that are currently required at The Durdans.’
- All the inquiries we've had done by a paint chemist and a quantity surveyor suggest that the clean-up operation should have cost about $60,000.
- She qualified as a quantity surveyor and picked up a law degree before joining the family firm - and people who know her say she would have succeeded even without the family connection.
- A qualified quantity surveyor, he runs a residential lettings agency in Paisley
- A quantity surveyor to trade, he built a successful property company in Warwickshire.
- If it is a particularly large project, self-builders should consider hiring a quantity surveyor who will advise on construction costs and help to obtain competitive tenders from contractors.
- The first claimant advised that a feasibility study would be necessary; and during the tour of the building the first defendant authorised the employment of a quantity surveyor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.