In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(buckle) de zafado rápido(buckle) de apertura rápida(hub cap/front wheel) de desmontaje rápido(bindings) de zafado rápido
- If windows or doors in your home have security bars, make sure the bars have quick-release mechanisms so they can be opened easily in case of an emergency.
- Clipping to the skier's belt with a quick-release coupler for a quick disconnection, most towlines feature a bungee-like shock cord at the skier's end to allow for smooth movement between the dog and skier.
- Remove the rear wheel: First, loosen the quick-release spindle.
- The clean design takes up minimal space, and the light is attached with an easy, secure quick-release mechanism that won't clutter your bike when you remove the light.
- The test pilots found the double-slot flaps and quick-release engine cowlings most admirable but, oddly, armament was only briefly checked out and one of the things they did not like was the periscopic system for the twin turrets.
- The Duplex system consists of a prefilled PVC -, DEHP -, and latex-free IV bag containing the drug and diluent in different compartments that are separated by a quick-release seal.
- The Bogen / Manfrotto 3130 Micro Fluid Head is a lightweight fluid head with adjustable pan bar and quick-release camera plate.
- Mavic's new cycling computer has a wireless front wheel sensor built right into the front quick-release lever.
- The wheels are attached with a quick-release mechanism so taking the stroller completely down is a snap.
- There are positives to the new design - a quick-release facility and greater coverage to the front gates improve safety and discourage horses from ducking under - but problems persist.
- And before you venture out ensure that all nuts and bolts are tight, especially the quick-release nuts (if you have them) on the wheels.
- Use a gun with a thumb-controlled quick-release lever.
- They offer domestic combatants high-velocity airflow tools, motorised brushes, quick-release wands with telescopic reach, and removable tool holsters.
- Essential gear includes cross-country skis and a padded nylon waist belt (with quick-release clip) attached by a 12-foot tow-rope to a harness on the animal.
- The large-diameter outer tube is marked with a limit line and has a quick-release clamp at the top.
- A quick-release button detaches the panel from the stand.
- The external four-link connector is based on the same MicroGiga connector used by 4x Infiniband, but uses jackscrews instead of the quick-release latches that Infiniband cables use.
- The WES uses a quick-release lever that lets masons disengage the tarp from the platform if doing so prevents it from possibly tipping over due to high winds.
- There are roll bars all around, plus the window net quick-release lever.
- Control Tech is making everything you can imagine out of carbon, including quick-release levers and seat binders.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.