In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1quórum masculinohave we a quorum? — ¿hay quórum?
- Are these meetings valid as the quorum must be from the persons who are entitled to attend and vote at such meetings?
- The presence of eight members of the Executive Committee shall constitute a quorum at its meetings.
- A majority of the members of the committee or task force shall constitute a quorum.
- The meeting was put back because of difficulties in getting a quorum - the number of members legally necessary to hold a meeting.
- A quorum of 500 attendees was required by the society to pass amendments to their by-laws.
- And students can't vote to lower quorum until there is a lower quorum.
- He said there should be at least 13 senators present for a session to have a quorum.
- Don't you need a quorum and a certain amount of people in the Senate present to do that?
- Attempts to resolve the issue failed in late summer and early fall because the board could not assemble a quorum for a meeting.
- Since the second meeting also assembled a quorum, the two plenums yielded two mutually exclusive, but equally valid, results.
- The quorum (at least 100 people have to be present in court) could also be reduced.
- Seems to me that if you have 88 members out of 150 present and voting for a bill, the lack of a quorum is hardly going to influence the outcome.
- There were just about enough people present to form a quorum.
- Unfortunately, it did not meet the quorum required to pass.
- We require a quorum of 100 students to proceed - and the motion lapses if it isn't obtained.
- The quorum at meetings of the trustees is four, of whom two must be Employers' Representatives and two Members' Representatives.
- However, to pass the annual report and financial statements a quorum of only 25 members is required.
- The standing committee found that even the three remaining members were not consistent in attending meetings and a quorum could often not be made.
- As a result of the loss of those three members, the five-member commission lacks sufficient personnel for a quorum.
- The more extensive the member roster, the harder it might be to achieve a quorum consistently when meetings are called.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.