In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(remark/writer) citable(writer/remark) que se presta a ser citadowhat he said isn't quotable in polite company — lo que dijo no se puede repetir entre gente educada
- quotable quotes — citas citables
- There are better, more quotable lyrics throughout the album.
- Presumably, the quotable lines are highlighted.
- It was a genuinely fun wee low-budget film, and contained a million instantly quotable lines.
- Oh, and it's definitely for me, it's the most hilarious comedy I've seen at the cinema for a long, long time, full of immensely quotable lines and an absolutely awesome supporting cast.
- This novel may have contained the highest number of classic quotable lines in history.
- That's got to be as poor a metaphor as I've ever seen, and if it's one of the book's quotable high points, the volume is in trouble.
- The disappointment will stem from the fact that a single viewing is not enough to leave a vivid memory of a single line of quotable dialogue or a scene that has real emotional impact.
- And not only that; it is also a play with relatively little memorable poetry and few quotable lines.
- In Washington, just about everyone wants to be a pundit, the wise and respected quotable somebody who keeps popping up in newspapers and on television.
- It had some very quotable lines, this one being my favourite.
- An example was the governor's State of the State address, which included a quotable line on the snoozy topic of governmental reorganization.
- This film is eminently quotable, as it quotes many sources itself.
- One of the writers, who shall remain nameless to protect the innocent, really scored with the quotable line of the evening.
- So what do you think is the most quotable line from a movie?
- His achievements in football were unbelievable, but he succeeded in transcending all that and became one of the most interesting and quotable characters in the country.
- Like Graham himself, the 24-minute announcement speech was solid and sensible but devoid of quotable rhetoric.
- In the ‘more things change, the more they stay the same’ department, here's a quotable quote.
- He has received several teaching awards, as well as the unprecedented award of being ‘the most quotable professor’ by MathSoc.
- He showers you with quotable quotes and his interviews are peppered with sensational statements.
- Young Mirza, however, is perky, confident, and quotable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.