In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rabino masculinorabina femenino(as title) rabí femenino
- Pastors, ministers, rabbis, imans, etc influence large audiences in their weekly sermons.
- Most are too insecure to consult a rabbi or join a religious community.
- Every now and then the loudspeakers burst into life and one of the rabbis or the religious leaders inside relays a message to those outside to tell them to keep up the fight, to keep being strong.
- Talk with your rabbi, priest, pastor or other spiritual leader about resources.
- Mullahs, priests, rabbis - the business of religion was traditionally the males.
- Since the Middle Ages, rabbis served as spiritual leaders of communities.
- They did not take the time to find out which pastor or rabbi was a leader in an area and which congregations people attended.
- We hold dialogues and discussion groups with all faiths and enjoy the opportunity to work alongside of rabbis, ministers, preachers and priests everywhere.
- Jewish rabbis and Islamic imams derive their authority from their mastery of a specific set of religious legal texts and the application of those texts to everyday life.
- Our ecumenical outreach was limited, and I don't remember visits to our home by Jewish rabbis or Catholic priests.
- Perhaps his father served as a community rabbi and he naturally chose the same calling.
- If only all priests and mullahs and rabbis exercised the same responsibility and rigour in their pronouncements.
- Those rabbis, priests, imams, gurus and other religious leaders have had it good too long.
- There are, the report said, rabbis and imams in Jewish and Muslim neighborhoods.
- He regularly has clerics, rabbis and priests on for spirited debate.
- The day after my father died, his rabbi came to talk to the family in preparation for the funeral.
- A rabbi differs from clergymen in other religions in a number of ways.
- The argument is effectively advocating locking up priests, rabbis and imams for doing nothing more than professing their beliefs.
- When a community accepts a rabbi as their religious leader, his decisions are binding in all cases.
- Women's active presence this past week was a sign of change, as was the presence of many rabbis and leaders of other faiths.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.