1also horse racingcarreras de caballos femenino(commentator/correspondent) (before noun) hípicoin racing circles — en círculos hípicos
- to be a racing certainty — ser de cajón
- it's a racing certainty that he'll be there — es de cajón que va a estar allí
- He also was charged with giving misleading evidence to stewards and bringing racing into disrepute.
- A snowstorm wiped out live racing at five tracks in the Eastern United States on Sunday.
- Britain's first new racecourse for 60 years is odds-on to showcase top-flight racing.
- The event remains the only occasion in British racing where every horse taking part wins prize money.
- Nowhere is variety more the spice of life than when it comes to British racing, much to the envy of everyone else.
- Live racing is scheduled to resume at both facilities on Saturday.
- For maximum excitement and variety a mixed card of flat, hurdle and steeplechase racing has been organised.
- He denied any allegation of race fixing but is due to face a Jockey Club charge of bringing racing into disrepute next month, which he denies.
- The decision to resume both live racing and simulcasting will be made as soon as power is restored to the Miami track.
- While there is no doubt that racing will be the focus of the day, racecourse chiefs have lots in store to keep the younger members of the family amused.
- Turf racing is scheduled to run through the third week of November and may go longer, weather permitting.
- He was a keen amateur jockey and horse breeder who used his time as chairman of the Australian Jockey Club to revise the rules of racing - revisions that were later adopted nationally.
- Jump racing is one of the most dangerous sports that exist and all sorts of drama and injury lurk around the corner.
- The Downs has not conducted live racing since 1997 and shut down the following season due to financial trouble.
- In the last six months, the landscape of Washington racing has changed dramatically.
- Additionally, they say that racing should be taxed as an ordinary business.
- His feeling for the track and racing came through very clearly, but again it was understated.
- Live racing was scheduled to return with five-race turf-only cards on Sunday and Monday.
- There's a long heritage of racing in Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati.
- Redevelopment of the site will result in the end of live racing there, a feature of the fair since 1951.
2(sport, pastime)carreras femenino
- Yacht racing has been described as a hole in the ocean you throw money into!
- On the competitive side of racing, no other current driver has three Winston Cup trophies.
- Luck influences the outcome of an event in auto racing more than in any other sport.
- The sport of pigeon racing is built around a central mystery: the strange homing instinct of the pigeon.
- Dragon boat racing is a Chinese sport that has its origins about 2400 years ago.
- Around 45 percent of competitive kart racing is done by youths.
- There are soccer and basketball teams, and camel racing is a popular spectator sport.
- The track at millennium park provides the ideal opportunity for those interested in stepping into competitive racing.
- American Le Mans Series sports car racing is not the only competition on the track.
- Even the yacht racing will be within the urban area, clearly visible from a myriad Sydney Harbour hills and vantage points: both firsts for an Olympiad.
- Sulky racing normally involves one human and one horse
- Rally racing has been a sports phenomenon that has gripped the Europeans, but not North Americans.
- By nature, automobile racing is the most technological of sports.
- Dirt bike racing is a contact sport that can take away lives thus extra protection and precaution must be taken into consideration.
- But he finally made the decision to end 20 years of high-level competitive racing after a race in Peterborough.
- I've lost movement in my left shoulder; physically I'm not up to competitive racing.
1(car/bicycle/dog) de carrera(s)(yacht) de regata(circuit) de carreras(circuit) automovilístico(driver) de carreras(pigeon) mensajero(pigeon) de carreras
- Just as I was leaving, the rain stopped and for a brief time the sun emerged from behind the racing clouds.
- The wind was howling through the trees, the sky was overcast with heavy racing clouds, and one or two large drops of rain proclaimed the approach of a storm.