In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- An oncology consultant suggested radiation therapy for the lung lesion and head.
- She was offered palliative chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Prior radiation therapy was acceptable, but prior chemotherapy for metastatic disease was not allowed.
- Many patients suffer physical complications, such as infections or toxicity from intensive chemotherapy and radiation treatment, he said.
- The final 3 chapters describe the surgical management, as well as the medical and radiation treatment, of endocrine tumors.
- Radiotherapists will recommend radiation therapy, urologists will recommend surgery for the same clinical stage in the disease.
- If the cancer has spread, treatment with chemotherapy or radiation therapy may shrink the tumor but not cure it.
- Your doctor can help you understand the changes you're about to go through as you start your chemotherapy or radiation treatment.
- Children who have had chemotherapy or radiation treatment for a prior cancer episode may also have an increased risk of cancer.
- Chemotherapy starts during radiation treatment and continues until transplantation.
- The lining of the mouth can become inflamed and ulcers might form during chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- The entire team then leaves the room, and the radiation treatment, which usually lasts one to two minutes, is delivered.
- Typically, these cancers respond very well to chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- These reactions will go away a few weeks after the last radiation treatment.
- The radiation treatment destroys the tumor cells and suppresses the function of the stem cells in preparation for the transplant.
- Conversely, patients whose genes efficiently counteracted chemotherapy and radiation treatment had shorter survival times overall.
- Oncology nurses help educate each patient and family about the radiation treatment, and they provide emotional support to the patients.
- The radiation treatment helps kill any cancer cells that have spread from the lump to nearby tissue.
- Chemotherapy and total-body radiation therapy given as part of a bone marrow transplant can cause diarrhea.
- The anesthesia care provider focused a television camera on Mr T's monitors and connected it to the television monitor in the hallway to observe his vital signs during delivery of the radiation treatment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.