In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As a next step the astrophysicists want to use the upcoming LOFAR array in the Netherlands and Germany for radio astronomy and cosmic ray research.
- Allen said that the project was an opportunity to search for intelligent life beyond the solar system while doing conventional radio astronomy.
- Today some 10 neutron-star-neutron-star binaries have been discovered, and radio astronomy has accumulated a spectacular database of more than 1500 pulsars.
- By 1952, despite the pioneering work in radio astronomy in France, it became clear that others were using more powerful instruments and the French could not compete.
- These millimeter wave frequencies have been used for radio astronomy, space-based cloud imaging, and various military applications.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.