In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1radiactivoradioactive waste — residuos radiactivos masculino
- On average, how much time will pass before a radioactive atom decays?
- Operated by the Royal Observer Corps, it was also charged with monitoring lethal radioactive fallout.
- Carbon - 14 is radioactive and it is this radioactivity which is used to measure age.
- If a nucleus has too many protons for its number of neutrons, it will be radioactive.
- In reality all they did was make my blood radioactive before taking gamma photographs.
- Nuclear fusion produces no greenhouse gas emissions and only low levels of radioactive waste.
- When a fuel rod is spent and removed from the reactor, it is hot and highly radioactive.
- The C-urea breath test detects current infection and is not radioactive.
- It is so hot and radioactive that the miners use remote control equipment.
- It relies on an analysis of how much of a radioactive isotope has decayed into its daughter isotope.
- Depleted uranium is a radioactive heavy metal, which is also chemically toxic.
- Part of the problem is that as the radioactive substance decays, most of the electrons miss the silicon surface.
- This three-year project was to lead to the discovery of the causes of radioactive emissions.
- They realized that the particles emitted by radioactive elements as they decay are in fact little bits of the atomic nuclei.
- The specific activity of the radioactive thiamine was the same for each concentration used.
- They fill up the thyroid gland and stop it from absorbing any radioactive iodine released by the reactor.
- He explained spent nuclear fuel is not radioactive waste because it can be reused.
- They also debated earnestly over how polluted and radioactive they thought the Caspian's waters were.
- Radon decays to form tiny radioactive particles, some of which remain suspended in the air.
- The periodic table has since been expanded to 81 stable and 31 radioactive elements.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.