In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These contrast studies, along with X-rays of bones and of the chest, form a very large component of the practice of radiology.
- He was at the helm of the dramatic advances that took place in clinical radiology in the second half of the 20th century.
- The increasing demand for vascular and neurovascular radiology has not been matched by a similar rise in consultant posts, stated the report.
- They also went round the departments of radiology, nuclear medicine and cath lab.
- He became a consultant at St Mary's in 1948 when the hospital decided to separate radiotherapy from radiology.
- Diagnostic radiology and the generation of electricity from nuclear sources are examples of practices.
- Data on use of physiotherapy and radiology were collected directly from the databases within each of these departments.
- So he returned to an original desire to do radiology.
- Under her leadership the small department of radiology increased to involve five other radiologists.
- Both men specialize in radiology and have joined the hospital's department of medical imaging.
- The role of interventional radiology in the care of patients with cancer continues to expand.
- The use of picture archiving and communication systems has focused on hospital radiology.
- Likewise, telemedicine might be cost effective for some disciplines such as dermatology and radiology but not for others.
- After junior appointments in London he decided to specialise in radiology, and at Harefield he became an enthusiastic member of the cardiac team.
- We have encountered no false positives at the time of surgery and used clinical features and radiology alone to make the diagnosis in three of our patients.
- Experts in anaesthesiology, pathology, gynaecology and radiology are particularly in demand.
- Gabrieli is a psychology professor in the neurosciences program and in radiology at Stanford University.
- She is also head of the hospital's academic department of diagnostic radiology.
- Other differences emerged in two groups as they aged and were assessed with quantitative chest radiology.
- This article describes some of these applications in radiology and cardiology and discusses the potential of microbubbles for therapy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.