In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He has been undergoing radiotherapy for about four weeks and is expected to make a full recovery.
- Extensive local surgical resection rather than radiotherapy is the treatment of choice.
- Surgery may be followed by chemotherapy, radiotherapy or hormone treatment.
- In patients who are unfit to have radical surgery, radiotherapy may be administered to the inguinal lymph nodes.
- After two major operations, chemotherapy and radiotherapy, the disease went into remission.
- No further chemotherapy or radiotherapy could be given to control this recurrence.
- And earlier this year she went into remission and put her recovery down to radiotherapy and a herbal remedy.
- Palliative radiotherapy or chemotherapy may increase this risk by causing tumours to shrink.
- However, the influence of his early chiefs led him to train in the developing specialism of radiotherapy.
- She started on chemotherapy, and then doubled up this treatment with radiotherapy.
- Seven patients treated with radiotherapy developed some radiation telangiectasia.
- He underwent a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy but the cancer was so aggressive it spread to his stomach.
- Repopulation during protracted treatment is one reason for tumour persistence after radiotherapy.
- Twice daily radiotherapy should not tax the resources of even busy departments, if given on only a single day a week.
- After an adventurous war time career in the Polish Free Forces he specialised in radiotherapy.
- As a result, many patients who have had a mastectomy will now also receive postoperative radiotherapy.
- A dry mouth caused by certain drugs or after chemotherapy or radiotherapy to the head and neck may also lead to thrush.
- Treatment options for cervical cancer include surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- She again had rounds of radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatment before being offered a new drug, Arimidex.
- Often, the initial response of a cancer to radiotherapy is a good indication of how successful the treatment will be.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.