In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ropa impermeable femeninoropa para lluvia femenino
- It's hard to maneuver your video camera wearing flimsy hooded rainwear.
- The programme will include details on the routes' degrees of difficulty and some advice on footwear and rainwear.
- At the first sign of sprinkles, we moved as one giant synchronised origami team to unfold the glorious rainwear.
- Other Gore-Tex rainwear in the catalog includes rain jackets and pants from lox and Browning.
- Some were selling t-shirts and plastic couches, while others sold ponchos and rainwear.
- Some rainwear is advisable between March and June and October and December.
- The book was researched during a golden summer when rainwear was not necessary and each walk concluded with tea and toasted teacake eaten outdoors at a cafe.
- As the rain intensified and the tents filled, All Saints took to the main stage, their matching rainwear providing protection from the elements.
- Lightweight clothing and rainwear is essential.
- You are also advised to carry some rainwear, just in case.
- Please bring suitable foot and rainwear and a packed lunch for walk.
- In other words, its aim is to exploit its heritage as a global luxury brand based around its colourful, modern rainwear.
- The rain has brought cheer to traders retailing umbrellas and rainwear; umbrella-making companies have launched several products this year, including parasols equipped with torches.
- If this move was supposed to demonstrate the will of the public, it was no different from both wearing rainwear and carrying an umbrella - it was superfluous.
- The shop will be jam packed with donated goods ranging from autumn skirts, to jackets and rainwear.
- Last week Lackabane was shrouded in cloud and soft Irish rain permeated the best of rainwear.
- Most people came well prepared with plenty of rainwear and our group had a great selection of food!
- Don't miss the designer dogs in the latest rainwear.
- Whatever time of year you travel, do carry some rainwear.
- Troops rotated to East Timor were the first to use new rainwear made from a breathable waterproof material specially developed by DSTO.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.