In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Muslims around the world participate in Ramadan every ninth lunar month of the Islamic calendar.
- They also brought food for victims to break their fast as the third day of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan came to a close.
- She came up with a suggestion that they take a holiday from cooking during the entire month of Ramadan.
- During Ramadan, Muslims must abstain from drinking, eating and sex from sunrise to sunset.
- During Ramadan, Muslims are obliged to abstain completely from food and drink during daylight hours.
- November 17 marked the first day of the holy month of Ramadan for Muslim students on campus.
- It just so happened that my trip coincided with the holy month of Ramadan.
- Because of kidney trouble, my mother cannot observe Fast during the month of Ramadan.
- He acknowledged that beef was usually more expensive ahead of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadhan.
- During the month of Ramadan, observant Muslims fast from sunrise until sunset.
- He's also a Muslim, currently observing Ramadan, but fanatical only about sports.
- Muslims are fasting for Ramadan for a month and this week-end it will end with Eid.
- The campaign has been held back until after the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which will end this week.
- Counting resumed yesterday after pausing on Friday for the beginning of Ramadan, the Muslim fasting month.
- For Monday marked the start of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, and from now on, life in Bangladesh begins when the sun goes down.
- Muslims are required to fast during Ramadan, the ninth month of the Islamic calendar.
- It also came a day ahead of the expected start of the holy Muslim month of Ramadan.
- During the month of Ramadan, Muslims refrain from food and drink during the daylight hours.
- He contended they died because their fasting during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan had weakened them.
- Coming out of the month of Ramadan and into Hajj, you need to quickly get your body in shape.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.