In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Daytrippers, ramblers, anglers and anyone involved in country pursuits are being urged to steer clear of farmland until the outbreak is over.
- Walkers and ramblers tackling 16 new walks around the district are being pointed in the right direction thanks to a new booklet.
- Our chosen walk is perfect for the inexperienced rambler as it is pretty much straight, with no map needed.
- A rambler had left the footpath for a picnic, despite signs saying ‘Please remain on the footpath’.
- We skirted up the valley side towards a stile that entered into the wood, marked by a painted yellow arrow for the benefit of country ramblers.
- The pub is very popular with tourists, ramblers and with boaters on the canal, which runs just yards from the 190-year-old building.
- Ecologist Pete Guest takes ramblers on a Wandle Park wildlife walk at 1pm on Sunday, March 16, which will also visit the Wandle meadow.
- There have been sightings of the boys in the Northwich and Cuddington areas and police are appealing to landowners, walkers and ramblers to help track them down.
- Officers are appealing to ramblers, dog walkers and joggers to be their ‘eyes and ears’ and help them track down those responsible.
- Mrs Rushworth also packs up walking equipment for ramblers and posts it on to their home address.
- Trevor's close shave unfolded on August 17 when he and fellow Croydon ramblers were walking along the banks of the River Arun when he was stung twice by a hornet.
- A roadshow hits the region this week to promote new walking rights which should open up large swathes of land to ramblers and countryside enthusiasts.
- Parish councillors will discuss whether the scheme, which has been backed by ramblers and tourism chiefs, should be granted tonight at the Barlow Institute.
- It may not be mountainous enough for truly daring climbers, but Britain's wonderful and diverse countryside can cater for serious hikers and weekend ramblers alike.
- The act gives ramblers the right to walk freely across mapped areas of open country, including mountains, moors and registered common land.
- Together they shared a love of the countryside and were keen ramblers and fell walkers.
- Gates in a roadside fence enable residents to cross to Dibden Inclosure, which is popular with joggers, ramblers and dog walkers.
- It is set in the beautiful, mysterious landscape of the Peak District in the North of England, populated by a bizarre collection of campers, ramblers and hikers.
- The land the ramblers walked across yesterday is owned by water company United Utilities.
- The law is predicted to bring benefits not just for ramblers but for the whole region by attracting more walkers and tourists.
2(plant)rosa trepadora femenino
- For example, place climbers and ramblers along fences, trellises, or next to arches or pergolas.
- It comes in a variety of colors and styles, from ramblers to groundcovers.
- Then there's the difference between ramblers, scramblers and danglers.
- The vigorous climbers known as ramblers that flower in the spring only may be pruned after flowering.
- Weeping standards of ramblers and climbers are lovely when grown correctly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.