In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It then ramifies, or grows in a similar manner to a root system through the host, centering on the digestive system.
- It is hard to trace Steve's contributions in a linear fashion, because his work has ramified in so many directions.
- This is because the organization of the economy has a series of effects which ramify through the society.
- The weblike character of the text means that each datum will ramify in implications throughout.
- It ramifies almost from the base, can grow 1-3 m high and may reach 3 m in diameter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.