In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rancioto go rancid — ponerse rancio
- A rancid smell escaped from the now open doorway.
- Butyric acid is responsible not only for the smell of rancid butter, but also contributes to the odor of sweat.
- What if the food is rancid and you're still stuck with a full plate?
- The group charges that irradiation also deactivates the natural digestive enzymes found in raw food, and encourages fats to turn rancid.
- The French fries were often undercooked, fruits and vegetables rotten, breads molding, and once or twice, the meat rancid.
- When exposed to air for extended periods of time, fats become rancid and develop an unpleasant taste and odor.
- Moreover, irradiation can destroy essential vitamins and nutrients that are naturally present in foods and can make food taste and smell rancid.
- It was definitely not very much fun and there was that rancid smell.
- That is just as well, since it often induced an unpleasantly rancid truffle aroma and taste.
- What plant may cure Alzheimer's disease, increase circulation, tastes like almonds and smells like rancid butter?
- He lifts it down and removes several pieces of the rancid, dried meat stored in it.
- Unwholesome odors rolled out of the storefronts: rancid oil and mouldy cheese, and fish long absent from the sea.
- As soon as they stepped in, a rancid smell filled the air.
- Also, vegetable oils normally turn rancid when exposed to air and heat.
- If you don't know what it's supposed to smell like, it might smell a little like rancid butter.
- When I returned I was laying in bed and couldn't sleep because of this rancid smell consuming the house.
- Rhodes was trying not to think of another day of rancid food, polluted water and waiting for buses that never came.
- Heat-treated oils go rancid - in other words, they spoil - and rancid oils are carcinogenic.
- He does not look like a man who enjoys the smell of onions sautéed in rancid oil first thing in the morning.
- In order to maximize profits from their government contracts, food suppliers delivered partial shipments and rancid provisions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.