In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femenino rapacidadfemenino codiciafemenino avariciafemenino voracidad
- It's precisely that rapacity, that appetite, that makes them who they are, that allows them to recognize themselves.
- This puts a limit on the rapacity of a patent holder.
- It is not an effective instrument for protecting our people from the greed and rapacity of outsiders.
- While some have embraced democratic principles, others continue to rule through rapacity, despotism, and corruption.
- No situation, however obscure, or however sacred, escaped the rapacity of the enemy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.