In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1semilla de colza femenino
- Wexford Renewable Fuels is due to begin extracting oil from rapeseed shortly in Adamstown, Co. Wexford to produce a fuel suitable for diesel engines.
- Farmers growing rapeseed, also known as canola, could co-op a regional seed press, and offer area restaurants premium oil at local prices to avoid too may middlemen and shipping costs.
- According to Ministry of Agriculture regulations, a total of 17 products categorized as soybeans, corn, rapeseed, cotton seed and tomatoes were the first that needed to be labelled.
- Likely products include oil from rapeseed as a diesel substitute, ethanol from beet as an alternative to petrol and a range of crops for combustion to produce heat and electricity.
- Transport fuel based on renewable oilseed crops such as soybeans and rapeseed also has potential.
- Blue Sun Biodiesel is a limited liability company affiliated with a cooperative that proposes to produce biodiesel from rapeseed grown on the western High Plains area of Colorado and neighboring states.
- Until the 1940's rapeseed was grown mainly for lamp fuel and as forage for animals.
- Since the oil crisis in 1973, plant oils, mainly from rapeseed and soybean, have been investigated as an alternative, renewable source of liquid fuels.
- Fuel to run cars can be made from a number of crops, including Yorkshire rapeseed.
- The rapeseed producers' co-op offers farmers not riches, says Starkebaum, but a way to mitigate risk, and to earn some extra money above the price of the crop.
- For example, it was used to knock out a gene in rapeseed to make production of edible canola oil possible.
- There were more entries in the card catalogue of the library on rapeseed than on rape, she writes.
- The exact same methods developed by growers of rapeseed can be used to control cross pollination from GM crops.
- Researchers have found that feeding cows rapeseed generates milk with lower levels of high-cholesterol, saturated fat.
- After talking with agronomists at several universities, Blue Sun decided that rapeseed was the best choice for feedstock.
- It is made from rapeseed and requires no engine or oil modification.
- Almost 75% of plant oils are derived from four major crops; soybean, rapeseed, palm and sunflower oil.
- Vegetable oil is the term for any oil that's derived from oilseed crops such as soybean, rapeseed, or cottonseed.
- Foods that are rich in unsaturated fats include oily fish, avocados, nuts and sunflower, rapeseed and olive oils.
- The refinery will process about 100 000 tons of rapeseed a year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.