- Plunder and rapine were a way of life and no man trusted his brother.
- Plunder and rapine made her rich, and her oppression of millions made her great.
- The harbour had to be cleared in advance of the resumption of sea-freight, and the Republique desperately needed the recycled steel after five years of Nazi rapine.
- Jocko told of the buccaneer's career from his first act of rapine and plunder to that island that saw his chests of stuffs and treasures ripped open and scattered on the sands.
- Three weeks of rapine, slaughter and plunder were sufficient to anger the king and the emperor, who entered into negotiations with each other.