- And the rapprochement between China and South Korea has helped temper Cold War tensions in Northeast Asia.
- Recently, however, there has been something of a rapprochement.
- Hopes of cementing the recent rapprochement between Nato allies, Greece and Turkey, have been set back.
- In 1518 they switched policy to a rapprochement with Francis and the treaty of London followed.
- In fact it is hardly likely to materialise at all as we are told any rapprochement with the social democrats depends on us turning our backs on radicalism.
- This tactic could eventually lead to a rapprochement between the two long-time enemies.
- Also, they all supported the implementation of capitalist reforms and rapprochement with the West.
- And South Korean President Kim Dae Jung was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for bringing about the rapprochement.
- A rapprochement is essential if developing nations are to benefit from the experience of Western water and sanitation experts.
- Music itself had acquired the potential to quicken the pace of an eventual rapprochement between the West and its colonies.
- During his term of office, Khatami has repeatedly sought a rapprochement with the US, to a large extent unsuccessfully.
- In fact the rapprochement of the two parties has less to do with the SPD moving to the left, and much more with the shift to the right by the PDS.
- Hopefully this series can be the beginning of a fresh rapprochement between the two countries.
- Are there any concerns in Vietnam about the rapprochement with the United States?
- Even before the EU summit, Paris, Berlin and Moscow had been scrambling to effect a rapprochement with Washington.
- A rapprochement between business and activists has never been more vital, but a deep cynicism persists in both camps.
- At this time Germany and Russia were the black sheep of the European community, so a rapprochement between them seemed only natural.
- The presence of a pair of panda bears in Washington was taken as a sign of a new rapprochement between the two countries.
- A rapprochement with Libya had to take place on US terms, however.
- But the recent rapprochement between the EU and Libya signalled that an end to the embargo was imminent.