In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(del cual depende la contribución inmobiliaria) valor catastral masculino
- It works out subscription fees for 30,000 UK pubs and clubs based on their rateable value.
- If it were installed in the Tate Modern, the building would probably be worth more than the rateable value of Coney Street.
- Where she was not right was in justifying the higher rate poundage on lower rateable values in Scotland.
- And instead of paying a flat fee of £15 the clubs now face charges based on their rateable values.
- Existing rateable values - a gauge of rental values - are based on a snapshot of the economy in 1993.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.