In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1proporción femeninoratio masculino técnicothe ratio of girls to boys — la proporción de niñas con respecto a niños
- they have the best productivity ratio per person — tienen el mejor ratio de productividad por persona
- in a ratio of two to one — en una proporción / relación de dos a uno
- in inverse/direct ratio to sth — de forma inversamente/directamente proporcional a algo
- a high pupil-teacher ratio — un elevado ratio de alumnos por profesor
- Multivariate logistic regression analysis was used to calculate the adjusted odds ratio of failure rates.
- The control cross (uninfected male x uninfected female) yielded normal family sizes and female-biased sex ratios.
- The ratio varied in the range of 0 to 5.
- At MIT you learn about things like bandwidth, power, and signal-to-noise ratios.
- We have reported all standardised mortality ratios as ratios rather than percentages.
- Twenty repeated scans were averaged to improve the signal-to-noise ratio in each recorded image.
- Aspect ratio is the ratio between the width of the tire and the height of its side wall.
- Adjusted odds ratios were calculated by logistic regression, whereas adjusted risk ratios were calculated by generalized linear modeling.
- We next estimated the likelihood of the data under a unique ratio among all lineages.
- The banks' non-performing loan ratio reached a record high of 8.09 percent in April 2002.
- Higher male mortality leads to decreasing male-female sex ratios as the population segment gets older.
- We therefore estimated standardised hazard ratios.
- It is easier to see what is happening if we plot the ratios on a graph.
- The total chlorophyll/carotenoid molar ratio greatly decreased.
- The simplest model assumes the same ratio for all branches in a phylogeny.
- A ratio higher than 1 in a product group is connected with a comparative advantage.
- We estimated hazard ratios by using Cox regression with age as the time metric.
- In addition, nitrogen metabolism increases the molar ratio of amino nitrogen released to filial tissues.
- Measuring the isotopic ratios on Mars will provide clues about possible biological activity.
- In contrast, the Argentine central bank's reserve ratio ranged between 193 percent and 82 percent in 2001.
- The bank's capital adequacy ratio remained at 11.72 per cent.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.