In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1base femeninorazones femeninowhat's the rationale behind your decision? — ¿en qué se basa su decisión?
- I can't see the rationale for this change — yo no le veo la lógica a este cambio
- Economic theory provides numerous rationales for government involvement in health.
- Yet, in that familiar paradox Freud makes his own, our drives have their own ineluctable logics and rationales.
- There may be rationales for such beliefs, but the weight of the evidence I've seen does not convince me.
- Diplomatically, the American is happy to explain the rationale behind his attitude this year.
- But other reasons and rationales exist for adopting and strengthening an historical perspective.
- It is one of the rationales behind the law of trespass.
- There are several reasons and rationales for guaranteeing the freedom of expression.
- Those differences and the rationales behind them will be discussed below.
- The rationale behind Early Intervention was no more than blindingly obvious common sense.
- It's the same rationale that lurks behind the ridiculous colour-coded terror alert level.
- Apparently there is a rationale behind postfeminism that does have a feminist basis.
- What was the rationale behind the ludicrous decision to cutback on these schemes?
- To understand the rationale behind this gamble, you need to be here in New Zealand.
- A fair process requires publicity about the reasons and rationales that play a part in decisions.
- Still it is very interesting to see all the various excuses and rationales in one place.
- Here, its chair and previous vice chair explain the rationale behind the decisions
- I can never understand the rationale behind some of the things that women do these days.
- One of the soldiers responsible for this act of blatant provocation explained the rationale.
- They could come back with their list and the rationale behind it for publication on Webdiary.
- The rationale behind protecting the head is to escape from the vertical heat rays.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.