In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(unrefined substance)materia prima femenino
- The prewar economy was heavily dependent on a few primary products or raw materials.
- They procure raw materials and self-finished products throughout the world.
- This nation has been built almost on the export of raw materials and animal products.
- This allowed it to make sufficient raw materials to fuel cancer's rapid cell division.
- The slaves provided the cheap and reliable labour to produce the cheap raw materials.
- You buy your raw materials, put your labour into your product and put it for sale.
- Our basic raw material, pulp, has also nearly doubled in price and we haven't been able to pass that increase on.
- Those resources have now almost run out, putting a premium on firms producing the raw material.
- Oil is used as a raw material in products ranging from plastics to paints.
- The problem for utilities is that they operate in a tightly regulated market, but their raw material cost is fossil fuel.
- They would be able to bring some cost discipline to the production of their key raw material.
- The planners assigned central Asia the role of supplier of raw materials, notably cotton.
- The raw materials for these products derived from coal or crude oil.
- They were used to direct labour and raw materials as a way of maintaining the production of critical commodities.
- It said increases in costs of raw materials has eroded its profit margins and yet it still has to stay competitive.
- Items of rose and sandalwood gained popularity as ivory became a scarce raw material for carving.
- In the traditional sense, it is a company that makes a product from raw materials by hand or machinery.
- However, green tea exported from Thailand is mostly used as a raw material for consumer products.
- We should also eliminate the raw materials used for the production of narcotics.
- They will also be helped to obtain raw materials and market their products.
2(basis)materia prima femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.